Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kudos to Larry King


I've been pretty critical of Larry King in the past. While we were in Germany last summer, the Larry King reruns on CNN International were mostly embarrassing tabloid gossip -- Anna Nicole Smith type of stuff.

Tonight I'm channel surfing and Larry King has Serena Williams and Ashley Banfield on. Serena Williams describes how she felt when the Imus show referred to her as an animal when she was an 18 year old teenager. Ashley Banfield tells of Michael Savage calling her a slut on NBC, which she watched, in shock, live from her office at NBC. She went down the hall to complain to the former NBC president and was told, basically, to let it go. Very powerful stuff.

Wow. I can't believe I'm watching this on cable television.

I have to call this "The Imus Effect". Racism and sexism being discussed on national TV.

1 comment:

China valve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.