Thursday, September 29, 2005

Books That Shiver Conservative Timbers

Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries

I've read The Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf, and that very dangerous book, The Feminine Mystique.

Personally, I think the most dangerous book in the world is the Bible. Think of all the murders and atrocities committed in its name.

How was this list created? Have a look see at just one of the judges:

The Judges
These 15 scholars and public policy leaders served as judges in selecting the Ten Most Harmful Books....

Phyllis Schlafly
President
Eagle Forum

I'm a collector, and love collecting weird books. I actually own one of Schlafly's 1960s masterpieces:

Strike from Space, 1965. The major exposé of America's loss of strategic superiority under the regime of Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara. Hardback and paperback, both out of print.

Strike from Space is somewhere in a box in my basement, where it should be.

No comments: