Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Creepy

I caught an ESPN Classic program on the life of Pete Maravich the other day. I know I must have seen the program before, but the significance of Pete's final day eluded me.

Pete Maravich was to appear on the radio show of Dr. James Dobson on January 5, 1988, the day he died at the age of 40. Before the program, he was playing a pick-up game with Dobson & his son.

Yes, we're talking about Focus on the Family's Dr. James Dobson, the man who pushed Bill Frist to use the nuclear option, the man who says Spongebob Squarepants is pushing homosexuality on children, the man who favors spanking children until they cry, and spanking them again if they won't stop crying.

Now, I know the autopsy showed the Pete Maravich's death at the age of 40 was caused by his rare condition of having been born with only one coronary artery. Still, now, forever more will I think of Dobson as The Man Who Killed Pistol Pete.

Ewwww.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I missed something. How did James Dobson cause the death of Pete Maravich?