Saturday, March 19, 2005

I'm on the Washington Post (online)

I don't know how these things happen, but last night while I was reading the Washington Post I read words that seemed very familiar to me: my own!

Howard Kurtz excerpted my post on the baseball hearings in his Media Notes Extra column on Friday!

Here's how Howie (or more likely, one of his minions) cut and pasted my post:

The MainSt.USA blog: "Conveniently, Sammy Sosa has lost his ability to speak English . . . Jose Canseco is an idiot, but he's the only honest player on this panel...Mark McGwire has shrunk a great deal from his playing days . . . Congress is full of cowards. No one has even managed to make McGwire take the 5th Amendment, although it's clear that the 5th is his fallback position. They're letting him get away with "I'm not here to talk about the past" and offering to become a spokesperson against steroids which is just ridiculous. So we know: McGwire was juiced. Roger Maris still owns the single season home run record as far as I'm concerned. The only guys who have exceeded it are Bonds, McGwire & Sosa, The Juice Boys."

I wonder how they found me?

And if you're reading again, Howie, or as one of the players might have addressed you during the steroid hearings, Mr. Kurtz, a real journalist would identify himself as married to Sheri Annis, a Republican media strategist who runs a company called "Fourth Estate Strategies" selling her right wing media expertise. A real journalist would say that before every column, kind of like "I approved this message", so we'd all know where you're coming from. In baseball terms, the Kurtz/Annis family bats right and throws right. Right, not left, not center, right. Just so we're clear. I know I'm just a lowly pajama-wearing blogger, but we like to know these things up front.

If you're reading this blog after clicking on the link in the Post, leave a comment, please.

3 comments:

truth said...

Is it cool to leave a comment on your own blog? Well, I'm gonna do it anyway. Here's an email I received regarding my appearance in Howie Kurtz-land:

I can't put into words how proud I am that you got cut and pasted. What a seriously neat thing to be involved in especially since you don't have the opportunity to testify in front of the political weenies; this makes your opinion a world wide expose on the idiots with needles and the morons who condone them. I too believe that all the "records" should not only be "needled" (instead of asterisked) but be completely removed from all baseball publications. Simultaneously Bud "See No Evil" Selig should be publicly castrated and have his tiny cojones placed in Cooperstown next to Judge Landis's pea sized brain.

Anonymous said...

Can someone please explain how The Washington Post can permit Howard "Conflict of Interests" Kurtz to remain on their payroll? His right wing wife, Sheri Annis, is a GOP fixer, yet how would the casual reader of his column possibly know tihs? Does The Washington Post have anyt ethical standards? Howard Kurtz is a right wing echo chamer and all the while his wife rakes in the moolah.

Anonymous said...

The last time I bothered to look, Kurtz didn't have a return e-mail address at the end of his totally right-wing column,
He really began to show his colours when leading up to the invasion of Iraq he was totally for it, he NEVER once wrote anything negative about the Bush regime's rotten lies, he played along.
I think he should be fired from CNN, he's an embedded neocon SS, I never read his column or watch him on CNN, never. ever. I think of him as a traitor to our country.
Married to Sherrie Annis eh, I see her a lot, spewing GOP talking points for MSNBC. SHE doesn't get interrupted like the Democrats do!
If these beltway parasites had to make their living anywhere else in the beautiful U.S.A., they'd perish!