Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Random Thoughts about Politics

Here it is my first day blogging & I haven't figured out yet how to link to the Kerry contribution page. Any help out there?

Kerry must win November 4th. Even with Diebold and the Supremes and Karl (Revenge of Atwater) Rove and all that money lined up against us, I believe Kerry's going to win in a landslide. There's just no upside in Iraq that can be achieved by then. Bush got the war he wanted. Unfortunately for him, as his father knew, it's a quagmire. Guess he should have consulted the father downstairs.

June 30th, June Shmirtieth, ain't gonna make one bit of a difference. People take 30 days to close on a house, and that's a small transaction governed by rules and customs that have been refined for decades. And we're going to have an "entity" to "hand over" an entire, messed up country to on June 30th? You've got to be kidding me.

I take it back about Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI) for Attorney General. Not unless we have seats to spare in the Senate.

Another landslide prediction: Next Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting goes to Sy Hersh.

I burst into tears tonight watching the news. Film of children in Gaza, bloodied and limp, being carried to ambulances by frantic men. What is this going to solve?

If the media had not accepted their muzzling by the Bush Administration, public opinion would have turned against this war long ago. Film at 11 would change perceptions in weeks.

The slogans of the 60s keep running through my head. All we are saying, is give peace a chance. War is not healthy for children and other living things. What are we fighting for? I don't give a damn.

Signing off, maybe I'll be in a more optimistic mood tomorrow.


No comments: