Friday, May 21, 2004

Kerry's new slogan

"Let America Be America Again"

From a Langston Hughes poem.

It's a start. Kerry must be positive, hopeful and optimistic to win. He can't simply be against Bush's policies. And the majority of voters won't know or care what his policies are. They're too busy working -- that's what increased productivity is, fewer people working harder -- if you're in the modern American work force, you know what I'm talking about. Voters will respond to their general impression of the candidate. Do they like him? Is he going to be a good leader? Do they trust him?

I like this slogan because it reflects what has been coming out of me for the last few weeks every day when I turn on my computer to see the latest war atrocities. "This is not my America!" I think to myself, "This is not my country. I want my country back. We are better than this."

Kerry needs his own great line. John F. Kennedy: Ask not what your country can do, ask what you can do for your country. Robert Kennedy: "Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not." Bill Clinton: I still believe in a place called hope. Martin Luther King: I have a dream.

John Kerry: Let America be America again.

It's a start.

No comments: