Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hillary Clinton Disses Me



Me! I'm starting to feel like a sucker for my many years of support of Bill and Hillary Clinton. I thought I was supporting them because they were good Democrats, who believed in the same liberal things I do, like ending poverty and war. I've been on MoveOn's email list for many years. Do you know where the name "MoveOn" came from? It was originally called "Censure and Move On", and the group was formed to get the Republicans and the media to stop obsessing about Bill Clinton's penis (The Clenis) and where it had been and to return to the real issues of government. The media hates the Clintons and has attacked them at every turn since Bill Clinton's campaign for the Presidency in 1992.

I'm a member of MoveOn. And I'm a unity Democrat. It's my position in this election (even though I support Barack Obama) that I will vote for whichever Democrat is nominated. It's important that we take back the White House and the Congress and reinstate a democratic form of government in this country.

Hillary Clinton is trying very hard to move me off my unity perch. Remember when she and Bill decried "the politics of personal destruction"? Now she is indulging in them, piling on with the ABC moderators in a McCarthy-ish claim that Obama is a bad person because he served on the board of a community organization with a person who did bad things 40 years ago. Really despicable stuff.

And now it comes out that Hillary Clinton slammed the members of MoveOn in a private fundraiser after Super Tuesday, saying this:

"Moveon.org endorsed [Sen. Barack Obama] -- which is like a gusher of money that never seems to slow down," Clinton said to a meeting of donors. "We have been less successful in caucuses because it brings out the activist base of the Democratic Party. MoveOn didn't even want us to go into Afghanistan. I mean, that's what we're dealing with. And you know they turn out in great numbers. And they are very driven by their view of our positions, and it's primarily national security and foreign policy that drives them. I don't agree with them. They know I don't agree with them. So they flood into these caucuses and dominate them and really intimidate people who actually show up to support me."

HuffPo: Clinton Slams Democratic Activists At Private Fundraiser

Factually inaccurate (MoveOn never opposed the U.S. war in Afghanistan) and truly meanspirited. But, yes, it is about foreign policy. I support Obama because he opposed the Iraq war, and I don't support Hillary Clinton because she voted for Bush's stupid war. But to claim that MoveOn supporters are intimidating voters at caucases? Doesn't she realize most members of MoveOn are card-carrying recipients of that radical program, Social Security? Not the WWF.

I wish she'd just drop out and go back to the Senate and get back to work doing something positive. Tearing down fellow Democrats on her way to the nomination is not doing much for the Clinton legacy.

No comments: