Thursday, September 28, 2006

Selling Soap On The Ashes


Yesterday I was in Worcester getting my car serviced. I didn't feel like sitting in the waiting room, so I went for a walk. Across the street from the car dealership is a new grocery story, PriceRite. They just opened in the last two weeks. Every window has huge red, white and blue signs. I noticed that one of them said "September 11th, 2001 -- We Will Never Forget" with a painting of the Twin Towers below. As I got closer I could see the writing on the bottom of the sign: "Impossibly, Inconceivably, Incredibly Low Prices - Every Day!"

This is just appalling. How can you put up a picture of the deaths of thousands of human beings and use it to sell soap? I certainly won't set foot in a store that uses 9/11 in its advertising.

No comments: