Monday, August 07, 2006

I Am a Sick Puppy

Harbor, Tyre, Lebanon

Watching CNN as the soon-departed Daryn Kagan interviews a foreign correspondent standing in front of an empty beach in Tyre, Lebanon. The poor guy keeps looking over his shoulder as the sound of bombs falling increases. Daryn says, 'Those bombs seem to be getting closer. If you need to go, you need to go.' And the intrepid correspondent says, 'No, Daryn, I'm here for you.' Yes, that's what he really said. Unfortunately, I missed his name.

Is it so wrong of me that I want to see these war whores get blown up on live TV?

It is wrong, I know. I just can't help it. And I know I'll feel really bad if my secret wish comes true. But they're masquerading as journalists, doing an empty standup outside their hotel, adding nothing to the world's understanding of what is happening here.

Now CNN switches to a shot from that godforsaken hellhole, Crawford, Texas, which they are describing as "The Western White House." Can't they just call it what it is, the second home of President Eternal Vacation? There's no crisis great enough for him to give up his constant vacations. If he'd been in Crawford on 9/11 they would have waited even longer to tell him what was going on. And he wouldn't have been pretending to read. Did you see that the White House issued a list of books Brush Cutter is reading on his vacation? The guy doesn't read. Why the charade?

Grumpy today despite the cessation of blistering temperature.

Posting will be spotty for the next few days as other life responsibilities predominate. Sorry. Maybe on my return I'll be in a better mood.

No comments: