Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Christopher Lydon returns

UML to Produce National Christopher Lydon Radio Show

Oh how I've missed Christopher Lydon. I usually keep my radio set to WBUR, the Boston public radio station which formerly carried his excellent show, The Connection. He always had smart guests & brought out their best with his witty commentary.

Jane Christo, the recently deposed WBUR tsar, dumped Lydon 4 years ago when he wanted licensing rights for his show (like the Car Talk guys have). While objectively I could understand that WBUR didn't want to give him money it could keep for itself, I always wished some compromise could have been reached.

Instead Lydon was canned and we got a parade of inferior hosts, culminating in the current ANNOYING host, Dick Gordon. Gordon over-enunciates everything he says, even his own name. I can listen to him for a few minutes, then I start shouting at the radio. I've just stopped listening to The Connection, I hate him so much.

And he's one of those "one the one hand, on the other hand" fake journalists who thinks that giving both sides of the argument equal time & stature contributes to public debate. Like he'd do a report on global warming and give some crackpot that says there is no global warming equal time, without even noting the huge scientific evidence for global warming. Please.

So, welcome back Chris. I'll change my radio pre-sets for you.

No comments: