Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Bush vows to tear down what's-that-name-again prison

So why couldn't the dumb f**k pronounce the name of the prison correctly? Abu Ghraib, we've heard the name literally hundreds of times in the past two weeks, and Mr. "The Buck Stops with Buck Privates" can't even pronounce it?

Now, there have been three distinct pronunciations: Aa-boo Grabe, Aaboo Grub, and Aaboo Gra-heeb. He could have picked any of these. Maybe it was having too many choices that was his undoing.

I remember, in the distant recesses of my middle-aged mind, reading an article about Bush's mangling of language. The gist of it was, when Bush really believes in and cares deeply about what he is saying the words flow from his mouth with ease. It's when he is forced to say something that he doesn't care about that he begins to garble.

I guess he thinks destroying America's credibility vis-a-vis human rights issues in the world isn't a big deal. I'm lookin' at the big picture, see?

Bushit Translation: If we have to tear down that Ahh-boo G-g-gruh prison to get you people focused on my re-election, OK, then, we'll do it. Bring 'em on. Mission Accomplished.

Good thing he didn't have to talk about the Taguba report.

Others who find this annoying: No More Mister Nice Blog, Hammerdown

From Atrios Speech Comments thread:

why no makeup over left eyebrow? is that where the tamping rod was extracted?
"abu ..garummmP"phineas gage | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:28 pm | #

How distracting is his tennis-game back-and-forth between right/center/left teleprompters? Talk about phoning it in. Abu Ga - wait a sec, let me find my place - raib.
Enoch | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:28 pm | #

He can't even pronounce Abu Ghraib right...is he slurring his words more than usual?
ellroon | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:28 pm | #

he can't even f**king say "abu ghraib". I wonder if anyone has even told him about it.
jason. | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:29 pm | #


Did Bush just say Abu-Gah-Rape?
The Fool | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:30 pm | #

aboo garub-du-dub ... eh, nevermind.
a**-head foot-mouth | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:30 pm | #

Holy Cow! Did you see his life flash in front of his eyes when he couldn't pronounce AbuGraib? LMAO The name of the prison that killed his political career, and he can't pronounce it not *once* but *twice.* I think everyone was just clapping cuz he pronounced it right the third time. I have no clue what he said about it, I was laughing too hard.
Humanitarian Do-Gooder | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:31 pm | #

Uh oh. Bush can't pronounce Abu Ghraib. Bad, really bad. How embarrassing. I wonder how many times he practiced it.
Anonymous | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:31 pm | #

Ah-boo gah-rape; ah-boo gary; abu gravy

3 tries not a one of them even close. I honestly thought he was having a stroke with the first one.
attaturk | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:32 pm | #

So far I'm enormously heartened by hearing Bush say again everything he's already said that hasn't happened yet. I am, however, disappointed to hear that we have another prison scandal to contend with. Apparently there has been dishonorable conduct at Abu Garoob as well!
Palmer Eldritch | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:34 pm | #

Let's remind you guys that these thar bad guys are evil doers. Evil doers like Aboo Gra uh Grai uh Grub bad guys evil evil bad bad. Vote for me cuz I am War President and I am a good doer not a evil doer.
ellroon | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:38 pm | #

It's amazing how consistent Bush is in being unable to get words out of his mouth when the words are associated in his mind with mistake or failure. Thus: Abu Ghraib, mangled.
Tena | Email | Homepage | 05.24.04 - 8:47 pm | #

i hope it's cool in blogtopia for me to have copied some posts from Atrio's comments page....I'm sure someone will let me know if it's not....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where I can find a video clip of Bush mispronouncing Abu Ghraib? I can't believe he messed it up so badly!