Friday, June 29, 2007

Supreme Court Guts Brown v. Board of Education

Today, the headline would read "Supreme Court Used to Ban Segregation in Public Schools"

When I wrote "Supreme Court Overturns Brown v. Board of Education" yesterday, I knew that technically that wasn't true. The decision only guts Brown. That's the practical effect. Segregation is de facto OK under the new ruling. So I was overstating the case, just a tad.

But I knew I was on to something when I read this headline in the Wall Street Journal today: Race and the Roberts Court: Brown v. Board of Education has not been overturned. If the cretins writing editorials for the Journal felt the need to write that piece with that headline, you know that the opposite is true. (It's like Bush talking about progress in Iraq. Every time he opens his mouth, you know he's lying.)

And I'd like to pat myself on the back, because I saw this coming two years ago when I wrote this:

Leahy, Kohl and Feingold (D - Spineless) Vote for Roberts (September 22, 2005)

Senate Panel Endorses Roberts's Nomination as Chief Justice

Dear Senators Leahy, Kohl and Feingold:

F**k you. When "Justice" Roberts starts eroding civil rights protection and votes to overturn Roe v. Wade, it's your fault. Spineless bastards.

Sincerely,

truth


And with this post, I'd just like to extend a hearty FUCK YOU to all 22 Democrats who voted for Chief Injustice Roberts, the author of yesterday's horrible decision:
* Max Baucus (D - MT)
* Jeff Bingaman (D - NM)
* Robert Byrd (D - WV)
* Thomas Carper (D - DE)
* Kent Conrad (D - ND)
* Christopher Dodd (D - CT)
* Byron Dorgan (D - ND)
* Russell Feingold (D - WI)
* Tim Johnson (D - SD)
* Herb Kohl (D - WI)
* Mary Landrieu (D - LA)
* Patrick Leahy (D - VT)
* Carl Levin (D - MI)
* Joseph Lieberman (D - CT)
* Blanche Lincoln (D - AR)
* Patty Murray (D - WA)
* Bill Nelson (D - FL)
* Ben Nelson (D - NE)
* Mark Pryor (D - AR)
* Jay Rockefeller (D - WV)
* Ken Salazar (D - CO)
* Ron Wyden (D - OR)

Dumbasses.

No comments: