Monday, October 10, 2005

A Fraud Helps Yankees Out Of Playoffs

Smarting as I am over the Red Sox drubbing by the Pale Hose, the only consolation for me is if the Yankees lose. Hurray, tonight I get my wish. Angels-White Sox for the American League title.

A-Rod, Mr. "MVP" in the minds of Yankees fans, gets up in the 9th, the Yankees down by 2, Jeter on first, no outs. What does he do, Mr. MVP? He of the 2 for 14 hitting "streak" in this series? He of the .321 season average, 48 homers, 130 RBIs? He does what A Fraud does best. Nothing. No, worse than nothing. He hits into a double play, wiping Jeter off the board too.

David Ortiz is the American League MVP, and A-Rod is just a fraud.

Well, there will be no gloating at the family picnic year, by either me or my Yankee-loving relatives.

1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

Soooooooo much better than Ortiz's 1 for 4 outing leaving 3 men on base? Wow, totally MVP performances. And totally clouded by location.